Tuesday, April 29, 2014

B A L I | B E A C H E S

Just got back from my wondrous travels all around the island of Bali. The island has so much to offer from party cities to honeymoon getaways to mountain, hippy towns and all of it is a step away from the beaches! The Bukit Peninsula on the bottom of Bali is home to the most pristine beaches I have ever seen. Some I checked out on the east coast were GeGe Beach in Nusa Dua which had a beautiful barrel ing surf break in the distance. The west coast had Karma Beach. I paid 25 dollars to take a gondola ride  at Karma Kandara Resort down a cliff to a gorgeous secluded beach complete with lounge chairs, umbrellas, towels and the luxury of not having to worry about my stuff being stolen while I went into the ocean. Also, 10 dollars of the beach voucher went to food and I had  delicious pizza for lunch. Another west coast beach is Dreamland that was a large stretch of white sand and we walked a little bit down further to get away from the tourist section of food and shops and lounge chairs. My favorite beach of all though was Padang-Padang (seen above).  A cave-like path filled with monkeys leads you down to the cutest little beach ever that has Bali written all over it. Beautiful water and beautiful surfers made the day easy on my eyes. For more things to do than just swim and tan, we went to Amed for amazing snorkeling. For five dollars we rented equipment and swam out to an underwater temple marked by a buoy. The fish were bright and exotic, but my favorite part were the fifty royal blue starfish that were lining the bottom of the reef.


No comments:

Post a Comment