Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Green Flash

The Green Flash



For those of you who don’t know, the green flash happens when the sun sets across an ocean, when no clouds interfere, and no land overshadows the setting. I have lived my life on a quest to see the flash. Staring into countless sunsets and waiting to see the flash became my passion.  Travel allowed me to see sunsets from New Zealand, to Spain, to Hawaii and many other horizons. One time in Barbados I even sat on the same porch with someone who saw the flash, but I had no such luck. Then on my freshman year, spring break trip to Key West I sat and I watched the sun set from Mallory Square and low and behold I saw the flash.  I made my wish and I finally felt whole and fulfilled and it was everything I imagined it to be. It was almost like a spark and I felt lit. So keep your eye on the horizon and watch the sun burn down because its magical.


No comments:

Post a Comment